Kodi Media Center is the best place for watching TV shows, Streaming Videos, torrents, music, sports, etc. But sometimes you may face errors with Kodi app on Android and PC. The most common error during playback on Kodi “One or more items failed to play. Check the log for details”. But we don’t know the Kodi Log Location and how to check Kodi Log File. Hence, we have given the Kodi Log File locations on various operating systems and solutions to fix Kodi errors. Have a glance at this article to resolve “Check the log for more information” Kodi error.
- 1 How to Check the Log on Kodi
- 2 How to Fix Log File Error on Kodi?
How to Check the Log on Kodi
Kodi’s Log file is a plain text file that you can open it using any text editor. It contains all the error messages present in the files. It helps if you are finding the solution for errors through support forums. Based on the Operating System(OS), the Kodi Log File is located in different paths. From the below table, you will know the path of log files for different OS.
Locations of Kodi Log File Based on OS
|Operating System||Kodi Log File Location|
How to Enable Kodi File Log Viewer
A Log file is a file which contains the list of actions that occur in the operating system. During your foray into Kodi, you will get an error where log file comes into play. You can check error log file and analyze it to clear the issue. You can identify the Kodi error log file location by downloading the “Log Viewer For Kodi Addon” from the official repository of Kodi System. With the help of this Addon, you can easily find the Kodi Log Errors. Here are the steps to download Log File Viewer for Kodi Addon.
Download Log Viewer For Kodi Addon Using Repository
- First, on the Kodi Home Scree, Select System.
- Click on Add-ons.
- Select “Install From Repository”.
Click Kodi Addon Repository.
- Navigate to Program Add-ons.
Check for “Log Viewer for Kodi” in the list and click on it.
- Select Install.
- Wait until the program downloads in Your XBMC System.
- After it downloads, go back to your Kodi Home Page.
- Select Programs.
- There you find, “Log Viewer for Kodi” and click on it to open.
- Click on Show Log to display the Kodi Log file. Sometimes, it takes a time to show Log File Kodi.
- You can also select Show Old Kodi Logs to check Kodi old log files.
So, these are the steps to enable Kodi log file viewer. Sometimes, the playback will stop at the middle due to error issues. Hence, we provide the solutions for troubleshooting the error issues.
How to Fix Log File Error on Kodi?
While watching Sports, Tv Shoes, Music, Movies, Live TV on Kodi, you might get some of the issues like One or more items Failed to Play, Playback Failed, Check log for More Information, Failed with Error Code. These problems may irritate you. But you can quick fix those Kodi Errors using some solutions. Have a look at the below solutions to resolve Kodi Error Log Files.
Solution-1: Clear Maintenance Cache
The main reason for Kodi errors “one or more items failed to play Kodi” during streaming and playbacks is filling up the cache data. Then, you have to clear cache for proper streaming. Look on the below steps to know how to clear cache on Kodi. For this, you have to install Raw Maintenance Addon in your XBMC System.
Steps to Install Raw Maintenance Add-on
- Open Kodi Home Screen and go to Settings.
- You will find File Manager, click on it.
- Then, navigate to Add Source >> None.
- Enter the URL http://solved.no-issue.is/
- Click on Done and enter any name in the text field.
- Go back to Kodi Home Page.
- Navigate to Settings >> Add-ons >> Install from Zip File.
- Click on the maintenance folder.
- Select Install the zip repository.rawmaintenance.zip.
- Again click Install from Repository which is present under Add-ons.
- Click on Install RAW Maintenace Kodi Add-on and select Done.
Process to Clear Kodi Cache
- Once you installed the Raw Addon, go to Kodi Main Page.
- Click on Program.
- Open the Raw Maintenance.
- There you have to clear Cache and Purge Packages.
Solution-2: Clear DataBase Garbage
Sometimes the database files present on your PC or Android device may lead to Kodi Error Logs. Hence, it’s better to delete those files to fix the bugs. Check how to clear Kodi log with the help of these steps.
How to Clear Database Garbage
- From th Kodi Main Page, select settings.Go to settings of Kodi.
- Navigate to File Manager >> Profile directory >> Database.Go to settings of Kodi.
- There you see Addons.db.Go to settings of Kodi.
- For Android device, click on Addons.db and delete the database files.
- For PC Device, look for the %Appdata present in windows.
- Then Navigate to the Kodi >> User Data >> Database.
- Delete Addons.db under the Database.
Solution-3: Force Update the Addon
Another solution for fixing Check the log for more information and playback failed errors is here. Sometimes updating the addon will also resolve these Kodi errors. Hence, know the steps to update the addon for fixing Kodi error log issues.
How to Update Kodi Addon to Fix Kodi Errors
- First, go to Settings
- Then, click on File Manager.
- Identify the error causing Add-on.
- Open that Add-on and update the log file.
- Quickly, the error log file will be solved.
So, these are the ways to find and fix Kodi error Logs. Hope, this article helps in resolving the Kodi Errors. If you have any further doubts regarding these issues, comment us. We will respond to your queries quickly. Here, you can also get the process to install Kodi on Android and PC and Kodi on Fire Stick.