Apple TV is one of the great and best devices for media consumptions. It supports HDMI, we can use it by connecting it to High Definition TV. You can control it easily with a remote provided in the package. The Apple TV remote uses the Infrared technology. You can also use an Apple TV remote app to control the TV. This Remote app works using Bluetooth. Apple TV uses WiFi for streaming media content from AirPlay or Apple iTunes store. It also streams content from various sources like Hulu, Netflix, and YouTube. Apple TV offers live stream for many events using Tune-in. There are 4 generations of TVs in Apple. The latest and best is 4th Generation Apple TV. Kodi Apple Tv is best for media center. So, you have to install Kodi on Apple TV to improve your TV usage.
- 1 How to Install Kodi for Apple TV
- 1.1 Download Kodi TV for Apple TV 4
- 1.2 Is Kodi on Apple TV 3 Possible?
- 1.3 How to Install Kodi on Apple TV 2 ?
- 1.4 Install Apple TV Kodi 1st Gen
How to Install Kodi for Apple TV
Kodi is one of the famous and best Home Theater media centers. You can download and install Kodi on almost any device. You can install kodi on Fire TV stick, but unfortunately, you cannot install Kodi on Roku. We can install Kodi on Android devices, Rasberry Pi, Macbooks and Windows PC directly. You can also install Kodi on smart TV directly.
The most important feature of Kodi is add-ons. Kodi is an open source multimedia player, anyone can make an addon for Kodi. Using Kodi add-ons Like Genesis you can stream TV series, Movies in full HD quality. You can also stream Live TV on Kodi using any IPTV clients.
In simple words, Kodi allows you to play media from the Internet and Local Network. We can store content on Kodi device directly. Customization in Kodi is very easy. You can also change the skin and customize Kodi according to your TV. If you have proper devices, then you can easily stream content from your Cable TV provider. You can also stream content from Spotify, YouTube, Pandora. These are the adamant reasons to Apple TV Kodi Setup.
You can stream pirated content using Kodi Software. This is the main reason to install Kodi Apple TV.
Download Kodi TV for Apple TV 4
You cannot install Kodi on Apple TV 4 directly using the Apple TV app store. But you can install XBMC Apple TV using a Mac device. Here are the things that you need to download for installing Kodi Apple TV 4.
- Apple Developer account.
- Xcode 7.2 or higher.
- iOS App signer utility for Mac device.
- The Latest Kodi .deb file.
- A USB-C to USB-A cable (For connecting Mac and Apple TV).
Step by Step Process to Install Kodi on Apple TV 4
- Connect Apple Tv 4 with Mac using USB-C to USB-A cable.
- After connecting, launch XCode on your Mac.
- Click on Create a new Xcode project.
- Next, Select Application under the TVOS section.
- Next, click on Single View Application.
- Click Next.
- Now, you have to enter the details of New Project.
- Fill the Project name and company name.
- After filling details, click on the Next button.
- Now, you will see an error stating matching provisioning profile.
- Don’t tense, just click on the Fix issue and allow it for resolving the error.
- Next, it will create provisioning profile based on your developer account.
- Your active developer account of Apple is needed to resolve this issue.
- Sign in with your developer account.
- Now, click on Add option.
- Next, out your login credentials,
- After this issue resolved, you have to choose your Kodi Apple TV 4 from the drop down menu.
- Open iOS App Singer.
- Select Signing Certificate from the dropdown.
- Do the same with Provisioning Profile by selecting the name of the project that you created in Xcode.
- Now, you have to choose the Input File.
- Next, put the .deb file that we downloaded earlier.
- After entering all the details, click on Start.
- Now, It gives you an IPA file.
- In Xcode, Go to Windows >> Devices.
- Select Apple TV 4 device from here.
- On the left side, you have to click on + button under Installed apps section.
- Now, you have to locate the IPA file that iOS Singing app created. Finally, Kodi Apple TV 4 is ready to use on your Apple Television.
Be careful while following the instructions. IF you got any errrors in Kodi Apple TV 4, Cooment us to get support.
Is Kodi on Apple TV 3 Possible?
There is no way to setup Kodi on Apple TV 3 directly. So, Kodi Apple TV 3 is one of the impossible things. All the videos on this topic Kodi for Apple TV3 are Fake, and they are trying to waste your valuable time. Apple TV 3 is not a jailbroken so you cannot install a third party app such as Kodi is not possible. Some expert developers can Jailbreak ATV 3, but others are not taking interest to do that. For streaming Kodi content on Apple TV 3, you need a iOS device with Kodi running on it. And you have to use AirPlay to cast Kodi Apple TV 4. We are providing step by step process for you, take a look on it and stream content from Kodi.
Steps to Mirror Kodi Apple TV 3
The steps for Mirror Kodi on Apple TV3 are provided here. Take a look at it and learn how to Mirror Kodi Apple TV3.
Kodi on Apple TV 3 Using Mac
- Download Kodi from Official Site.
- And Install Kodi.
- Once Kodi is installed, It will Mirror your screen to ATV3.
- Just Start Kodi.
You can not multitask with this method because the AirPlay changes the app on TV. In this situation, you are unable to use AirParrot. AirParrot helps you to mirror specific apps only in our case just we will mirror Kodi app on our ATV3. We have already said, this method is not a feasible solution. If you want to use Kodi Apple TV 3 then this is the solution.
Apple TV 3 Kodi Using Windows PC
- Install AirParrot on your Windows PC.
- Setup AirParrot.
- Next, Right-Click on the AirParrot icon.
- Select your Apple TV 3
- Next, you can see your Windows on Apple TV connected with ATV.
- Now, Download and install Kodi.
- After kodi is installed successfully, you can easily use it on your TV.
Kodi Apple TV 3 Using Android device
This is the difficult method when compared to above two methods. If you are technically not good, we recommend you not to try this method. In this method, you need a rooted Android device for casting the screen. Installing Kodi on Android device is simple because Kodi is officially available in the Play Store. AirPlay is not supported on Android, so you need one rooted device to achieve it. If your Android phone is not rooted, then we don’t recommend you to root your Android device just use Kodi on Apple TV. Follow the given steps.
- Go to Play Store.
- Search for Kodi and install it.
- If Kodi is not available in PlayStore, then download Kodi APK from Kodi Official Site.
- Next, Download and Install Mirroring360 App.
- Now, Use Mirroring 360 and cast screen to ATV 3.
- Start using Kodi.
By following above instructions, you can get Kodi Apple TV 3. If you face any issues in getting Apple TV 3 Kodi just comment us. We will try our best to solve errors for Kodi on Apple TV 3.
How to Install Kodi on Apple TV 2 ?
If you have Apple TV 2, then you can install Apple TV 2 Kodi easily. You can just follow the given simple steps to install Kodi Apple TV2. But the sad part of Apple TV 2 is Kodi no longer supports Apple TV2 (Apple TV 2 Kodi). So, you need to use the Kodi old version. The old version of XBMC does not have some new features released in the Kodi newer versions. You can use old XBMC version that 14.2 Helix. The Helix Kodi can run all the Kodi addons and media files, and it will not disappoint you. Just you need a Mac Device and Apple TV 2 to install Kodi Apple TV 2.
Step by Step process to Install Kodi On Apple TV 2
- Open the terminal and put the given command on your Mac device.
- ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Replace 192.168.1.1 with you Apple TV 2 Mac ID.
- If the command you typed works correctly, then it will ask you to put password.
- The Default password is alpine.
- If you changed the default password, then input the changed password.
- Enter these given commands one by one.
- apt-get install wget
- wget -0- http://apt.awkwardtv.org/awkwardtv.pub | apt-key add –
- echo “deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org/ stable main” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list
- echo “deb http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/atv2 ./” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list
- apt-get update
- apt-get install org.xbmc.kodi-atv2
- Now, your Kodi Apple TV retarts.
- After Restart, you can use Kodi Apple TV 2.
- The Kodi version is old. So, you may face few bugs and errors.
Install Apple TV Kodi 1st Gen
Apple stopped production of Apple TV 1st gen in 2010. So, you can no longer purchase it from retail stores. But if you have an old Apple TV 1st gen then you are able to use it as Kodi Apple TV. The built-in hard drive can store file from 40 GB to 160 GB based on your model. This will allow you to download and store movies and music content. You can use XBMC addons for downloading media. The newer ATV does not have the hard drive. So, you cannot store much data on them.
The Apple TV 1st gen USB port helps you to jailbreak it quickly. Because of this, you can transfer files easily. You are able to use Kodi’s File manager for transferring content directly from USB drive to ATV. The Apple TV 1st Gen has optical audio out ports and HDMI port which makes it best for media center device.
Upgrading ATV1 hardware is easy. You can replace the ATV hard drive with a higher capacity hard drive, and if you want to install a Video card, then you can install it easily. Apple Tv 1st gen recommends 720p settings, but by replacing the ATV1 video card, you can stream Full HD content easily.
Note: You cannot use Apple TV features and ecosystem because we are going to flash Kodi on it directly. You will miss all features of Apple TV like Airplay etc.
Step by Step process to Install OpenELEC Kodi for Apple Tv 1st Gen
- Update Apple Tv 1st Gen to OS 3.0.2.
- Go to OS settings.
- Change Audio and Video settings & HDMI output to RGB High.
- Next, connect the device to network using Ethernet cable. WiFi connection cannot work because we are changing the Operating System of the device.
- Use Mac device for creating OpenELEC Flash Drive.
- Now, Attach a USB drive to Mac and rename it to openelec.
- Next, launch the Terminal app.
- Copy the given mentioned commands and paste it on the terminal.
- curl -O http://chewitt.openelec.tv/usb/install-hdd.img.gz
- Now, we have to find the USB drive. Run the bellow commands.
- diskutil list | grep -v disk0 | tail +2
- The details of your thumb drive appers here. Now, you have to unmount the USB drive.
- diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk1
- Finally, run this given command.
- gunzip -c install-hdd.img.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/rdisk1 bs=1m
- It takes few minutes to complete the task.
- Next, you an error saying that Disk is unreadable will appear on the screen.
- Now, you are ready to flash Kodi.
- Just Remove the USB drive from Mac device.
- Unplug the ATV1 from the power source.
- Next, attach the thumb drive.
- Start the ATV1 again.
- After 10-15 sec time, the OpenELEC logo appears on the screen.
- Ensure that your ATV is connected to internet using an Ethernet cable. If it is not connected, you cannot download the Kodi latest version.
- After download is finished, the installer starts.
- It shows some warning messages, ignore them it doesn’t require your input.
- OpenELEC restarts the system after installation gets completed.
- Now, you have to remove the thumb drive and boot the ATV.
- The OpenELEC logo appears.
- After few mins, Kodi Logo appears on the screen.
- It will take few mins for kodi to start because it is the first boot of the device.
We hope this article helped you to install Kodi on Apple TV. If you have any queries, just comment us. We will give a quick response on your comment.