Kodi is the famous and best Home Theater Software which is previously called as XBMC(Xbox Media Center). If you have an excellent home theater with a great display and sound, then Kodi software is very useful for you. Actually, Kodi is an open source media player software, and it has tons of Videos, Movies, Songs and Images. This guide helps you to know how to install Kodi on Smart TV. Go through it and install Kodi Software on Smart TV.
Kodi comes with an Add-on ecosystem. So, If you want anything, then you can install an Add-on. There is a wide range of add-ons are available for Kodi. You can watch Movies from Torrent, and you can Stream Youtube on your Smart TV. The Music Add-ons and Images Add-ons makes Kodi as the best Home Theater software. This Kodi on Smart TV article will give you complete details regarding the kodi app for smart TV like LG, Samsung, etc.
- 1 How to Install Kodi on Smart TV
- 1.1 Requirements to Install Kodi on Smart TV
- 1.2 Important Update
- 1.3 How to install Kodi on Samsung Smart TV?
- 1.4 How To Install Kodi on LG Smart TV?
- 1.5 How to Install Kodi on Vizio Smart TV (Kodi Vizio Smart TV)?
- 1.6 Why Should Not Buy a Smart TV Which is not running on an Android OS
- 1.7 Major Features of Smart TV
How to Install Kodi on Smart TV
Smart TV comes with a great display and sound hardware and offers many functionalities for their users. If you want to Install Kodi Smart TV, then it is the best Home Theater setup. Here we have provided the steps to install Kodi on LG or Samsung smart TV. Take a look at this guide on Kodi download for smart TV and install Kodi easily.
Requirements to Install Kodi on Smart TV
There is one only one main requirement to install Kodi on Smart TV that your Smart TV must and should run on Android OS. If your Smart TV is one of the Android devices, then you can install Kodi easily. Kodi is officially available for Android Operating System(OS). So, you can also install Kodi on Android phone easily.
Some manufacturers do not use Android for the smart TV. If you bought a smart TV that is not running on Android OS, then you cannot install Kodi Software on those devices. Samsung Smart TVs are manufactured based on Tizen OS so, you can not install Kodi on these Samsung TVs. But, the Samsung Smart TVs also uses Android OS TV so, you can install XBMC on Samsung smart TV. If your device runs on Android, then you can Download Kodi for smart TV from the Kodi official site.
All the Samsung Smart TVs run on their Tizen OS not on Android. Tizen OS is not a supported Operating System for Kodi. So, you cannot install Kodi Samsung smart TV. But, you want to install Kodi on Samsung TV, then you need to buy an Android Player such as Nvidia Shield or a Nexus Player.
How to install Kodi on Samsung Smart TV?
There are Two different methods to install Kodi Samsung Smart TV. Follow one of the Best Methods and install Kodi on Smart Samsung TV. If you follow those instructions you will get Kodi Samsung Smart TV.
In first method, you can use a Kodi app for Samsung Smart TV. If your Samsung Smart TV device is powered by Android then you can follow the first method to Install Kodi on Smart TV (Kodi Smart TV).
Method 1: Kodi for Samsung Smart TV
- Go to PlayStore.
- Search for Kodi.
- Click on Install option.
- Now, open Kodi to rock. You can Install useful Kodi Add-ons which you wanted.
If your Smart device is not having Google Play store and powered by Android, then follow the Second method steps to kodi Samsung smart TV.
Method 2: Kodi on Smart Samsung TV
- Download Kodi from the official website.
- Transfer the file to your TV.
- Use File Explorer and Install the Kodi APK file on Samsung smart TV.
- Finally, the Installation of Kodi Samsung smart TV is completed successfully.
Now, you know how to install Kodi on Samsung Smart TV. Watch HD Movies and Videos on Kodi Samsung Smart TV. Let’s learn how to install Kodi LG Smart TV.
How To Install Kodi on LG Smart TV?
LG is a multinational electronics company that manufactures many devices Like Computer Display, Android Phones, television and Smart TV. Some LG Smart TV are powered by WebOS and some of the Smart TV are powered by Android. So, If your Smart TV is powered by Android, then you can install XBMC on LG Smart TV easily. The Process of installing Kodi LG smart TV is same as Kodi installation on Samsung smart TV.
|” Click here to Know how to install Fusion Installer on Kodi “|
In first method, you can use a kodi app for LG Smart TV. If your LG Smart TV device is powered by Android then follow the bellow steps to Install Kodi on Smart TV.
Method 1: Kodi on Smart LG TV (Kodi WebOS)
- Go to PlayStore.
- Search for Kodi.
- Click on Install option.
- Now, Kodi is successfully installed on your Smart TV. You can Install useful Kodi Add-ons which you wanted.
Method 2: Kodi for LG Smart TV
If your LG Smart TV is not having Google Play store and powered by Android, then you can follow the bellow steps to Kodi LG smart TV.
- Download Kodi from the Kodi official website.
- Transfer the file to your Smart TV.
- Use File Explorer and Install the Kodi APK file on LG smart TV.
- Finally, the Installation of Kodi LG Smart TV is completed.
How to Install Kodi on Vizio Smart TV (Kodi Vizio Smart TV)?
Installing Kodi on Vizio Smart TV is different from Kodi on Samsung and LG Smart TVs. For installing Kodi Vizio Smart TV, you need an Android client. You can use a Firestick, Roku stick or Android TV box. Follow the below steps to install Kodi on Smart TV.
Install Kodi for Vizio
- Get a FireStick, Roku stick or Android TV box to add Kodi to your Vizio Smart TV.
- Plug the Android TV stick to your Vizio SmartTV.
- Go to Google Play Store in the Android TV stick’s main menu.
- Select Open Google Play Store.
- Next, search for kodi.
- Select Kodi.
- Now, Install the Kodi app.
- Now, Kodi is successfully installed on your Vizio Smart TV. You can Install your favorite Add-ons and start streaming videos, movies, etc.
Why Should Not Buy a Smart TV Which is not running on an Android OS
Smart TV very new and popular product. Just everyone knows about the Brand of the Smart TV, the size of the screen and in some cases TV Technology of the display.
There are tons of considerable factors before buying the Smart TV. If any Brand which is providing an Android powered smart TV, then you must and should buy that. Also, you have to see the information Processor and Ram. Good hardware is required for HD streaming. Kodi Smart TV Samsung is one of the good examples.
If you have an Android TV then you can Install Kodi on that, but the equipment of your tv is not good then you will feel lags in Kodi Smart TV. It takes more time to stream movies and videos. So, Check the Smart TV hardware before buying. If you get a good TV, then Kodi on Smart TV will be a wondrous experience.
Kodi Samsung Smart TV that is not running on Android
If your device is not based on Android, then there is no direct way to Install Kodi Android on it. But you can use an Old Android device for set up Kodi on Smart TV. With this simple setup, you can use Kodi Smart TV. You can simply stream Movies, Images and Songs. This thing helps you to convert your TV to a smart TV.
If you don’t have an Old Android device, then you have to buy Raspberry PI. The Raspberry PI will cost you around 40-50$. It will make your dumb TV to Smart TV. You can cast your Android phone’s screen on your TV easily. You can stream Youtube Videos directly on your Smart TV.
But the problem with Raspberry PI, it takes more time for setup and it lags a lot while watching full HD quality videos.
If you are unable to spend that much on Kodi device, then you have to buy an Android smartphone with the broken screen. It costs very less amount, and you can get a powerful device for Kodi Setup. Just you can use Mouse and Keyboard to do the Kodi setup and then you can rock with your Kodi SmartTV. It is an easy way to Smart TV Kodi which is not running on Android OS. If you have an Apple TV with your Android smartphone, then you can Install Kodi on Apple TV directly.
Major Features of Smart TV
Smart TV comes with advanced and excellent features. The Smart TV features are very useful for you, and these features are main reasons for increasing the demand of Smart TV. Here, we have provided the list of features on a Smart TV. These features are very useful, but if you want to learn how to download Kodi on Samsung Smart TV, then this is the best place for you. After Kodi download for smart TV, your experience of TV watching will change for sure.
- Directly, Browse the Internet on your Smart TV. There is no need to start Laptop or PC to browse the Internet. You can easily access Youtube, Facebook and other websites on a Big screen.
- Directly, share media files on your TV. It has WiFi direct feature, so you can transfer files very fastly.
- Screen Mirror is another useful and cool feature of Smart TV. You can stream your Android Mobiles screen on your TV directly. So, You can play Games on your TV.
- Record TV is a feature offered by Smart TV. You can record the Audio or Video on your TV.
- Smart TV has many types of Ports such as USB, HDMI, Ethernet and other ports. These ports helps you to connect different types of devices to the Smart TV. The great thing of Smart TV is you can connect your Personal Computer or Play station. So, you can play HD games on your Smart TV directly. You can also use these Ports to connect your Home Theater PC devices like Amazon Firestick or Roku to enjoy kodi on smart TV.
- If your Smart TV has an Ethernet port, then it recommends you to use a Wired Internet connection. Because wireless connection can be slow and it will create many problems while streaming Full HD content on your Smart TV. So, you have to connect your TV to the router directly using Ethernet cable. If you want to use this great features more usefully, then you have to install Kodi Samsung TV.
We hope this article helped you to install Kodi on Smart TV. You can also refer our website to learn how to use an Old Android Device like Nexus 7 as HTPC Setup. If face any issues while installing Kodi on Smart TV, just comment us. We will respond quickly to your comments.