Do you want to Update Kodi from Jarvis to Krypton On Android, PC and Fire TV? Updating kodi is not an easy task for users. So, here we have provided the step by step process to update Kodi on Android Box. Check our guide on New Kodi Update and learn how to update XBMC on firestick and Android Device.
Latest Kodi Update
Kodi released a New Update that Kodi 17 Krypton. Kodi Krypton has all new User interfaces, best TV and radio settings which will help you to better HTPC setup, then it is essential to update Kodi and XBMC Add-ons. The latest kodi update version has fewer bugs and more stable. Krypton Kodi was in Beta version from several months. After testing Krypton properly, Kodi released a Stable version. We have been testing Stable and Beta both the Kodi versions and most Kodi Add-ons were working properly. If you got any issue with Kodi addons on XBMC Krypton, then comment us bellow.
In this article, we have provided step by step process on How to update Kodi to Krypton. We have covered major devices and OS like Fire Stick, Android and Windows. If you are using Kodi XBMC on any other device and you want to update XBMC, then please comment the name of your device. We will give our best support to you.
Kodi Krypton Updates
Kodi 17 Krypton comes with new Skin. The new skin of Kodi is optimized for both touchscreen and regular devices. The regular devices are running Estuary, and touch screen devices are running Estouchy skin. The Estuary is optimized to control from devices like Smart Phone and Remote. The Kodi web version is changed to Chorus, and it is more likable and user-friendly than the old versions of Kodi.
Kodi team made major updates in Kodi 17 Krypton Video engine, and it gives better audio/video sync, stability and refresh rate switching. The Kodi Krypton extended the supported streaming protocol. So, now you can stream with SmoothStream, MPEG-DASH, RTMP, and NXMSL streams.
Kodi Android build supports 4K video playback and other under the hood changes. Now, These changes helps Kodi to perform better in Kodi Android boxes. Kodi Krypton requires Android 5.0 or higher yo run.
Checklist Before Kodi Update
- First, you have to check your device has enough space for installing the new version of Kodi XBMC. This situation mostly occurs for Kodi Android Box and Fire Stick users. If you are running Kodi on PC or Linux machine then you won’t face this issue.
- Kodi runs on most hardware but if you want to upgrade then you have to check the hardware of your device. The new Kodi update may or may not work properly on your device. Make sure that the device that you want to update Kodi has at least 2.0 GHz CPU and 1 GB of ram. Try installing the latest Kodi version and if you feel that your Kodi device is getting slower then go back to the previous version of Kodi.
How To Update Kodi on Android Device ?
Many people are running Kodi on Android boxes because they are easy to setup and cheap. Android boxes are an excellent and best way to consume media content. If your Android device has Google Play Store then you can update XBMC Kodi quickly and easily.
- Go to play store.
- Search for Kodi.
- Check Kodi Update is available.
- If Kodi update is available then click on Update button. It updates your Kodi without losing any Data and settings.
If your Android device or Android Box do not have Play Store, then you need to Manually update Kodi same as PC.
- Visit Kodi Download Page.
- Download the latest Kodi APK file.
- It updates the existing Kodi version on your device.
Update Kodi on Windows PC
Updating Kodi on Windows PC is very easy. Just you need to download the Kodi latest version and run the installer. There is no updater in Kodi to inform about the XBMC updates. So, You have to do this manually. Follow the given steps and Update Kodi on Windows PC.
- Visit the download page of Kodi.
- Download the Latest stable version.
- Next, Run the latest EXE file.
- Now, your Kodi will be updated to the newer XBMC version without changing your Data and settings.
If you are using Windows 10 for kodi, then you can install Kodi XBMC from Microsoft App Store. If you install Kodi from the app store then the updating and installing will become easier. You can also refer our site to know How to install Kodi on google Chromecast.
How to Update Kodi on FireTV and Stick
Amazon Fire TV is based on Android, but recently Amazon added their own App Store instead of Google Play Store. Kodi is not available on Amazon Fire TV App Store so you can not update Kodi directly. You have to download new Kodi update and install same as we did in Windows PC.
We have already provided a guide on how to install kodi firestick. You have to follow the same guide and update latest Kodi version. Kodi updates older version Kodi without changing any settings. you can also refer our site to know How to Install Kodi for Apple TV. Check the Kodi Sky Sports Addon to watch live sports on Kodi.
We hope this article helped you to know How to Update Kodi on PC. If you get any issues while Updating Kodi on Firestick just comment us. We will give our support to Update XBMC Kodi on Fire TV.