The Kodi for Windows is the best choice for the people who love watching TV shows, Movies, Sports, on PC. Even though we can use Kodi App on Android, but most users prefer PC because of a large screen and convenience. Most users don’t’ know how to download Kodi for Windows. Hence in this article, we provide the complete procedure to install Kodi on PC.
As we know the display size of the PC, space, and battery is more than the Mobile Devices. So, the usage of Kodi for Windows PC is immense. The Kodi PC is an open source application. Hence every PC device can easily integrate with it. Also, it is the best source for watching online media streaming videos. So, download Kodi on Windows. The below section explains you about Kodi Download for Windows 10 and how to install Kodi on Windows.
Download Kodi for Windows 10/8.1/7 PC
Before going to Kodi Download for Windows 10, have a brief idea about Kodi app. It was developed like a homebrew media application for the Xbox media center. After that, the Kodi PC developers introduced it for all the platforms such as Android, Windows, IOS, etc. You can view videos and listen to songs from the local disk or cloud storage.
Besides, you can watch TV shows, News, Sports, Movies from the online source. But you have to download and install some Addons present inside of the Kodi app for accessing online sources. So, look at the below steps to download Kodi on PC and How to add Kodi to PC.
How to Install Kodi on PC – Step by Step Process
- The first step, download the setup file of Kodi from the official website of the Kodi PC app.
- It takes some time to download. Make sure that your internet connection is fast to avoid failing of file download.
- When the download completes, go to downloads folder and double-click on the Kodi setup file.
- Then the Kodi for Windows installation process will initiate.
- Click on the “Run” to allow your computer to install Kodi.
- Wait for some time as it takes few minutes to install on the computer.
- After installation, Finish Button will highlights. Click on it to complete the XBMC windows process.
You just know how to update Kodi on windows. Now, let us know about how to use Kodi on Windows PC and set up it as per our needs.
Complete Kodi Setup Wizard for Windows
After the completion of installation process, you have to configure Kodi PC as per your choice. You can add the media collection to this app which allows you watch media from the local storage. Also, you can stream content from the online sources just by installing necessary Add-ons in Kodi. Hence, know how to setup Kodi Windows 10.
How to Setup Kodi on Windows
- First of all, launch Kodi on Windows PC.
- If you installed Kodi’s latest version i.e., Kodi 17.0 Krypton, then the categories will appear on the left side.
- You will see TV shows, Music, Movies, etc in the categories.
- To watch the local streams, click on the section where you want to add files.
- For example, if you want to add Movies Folder, click on it and then select Add Videos.
- Then, you will get a pop-up.
- In that window, click on browse to select the storage.
- Navigate to the folder which contained the saved movies.
- Click on OK.
- Now, when you open the app, the folder will available in the Movies section.
- Hence, you can watch the videos.
- This procedure also applies to the remaining categories such as music, TV shows, etc.
- If you play a movie, the Kodi app for Windows provides the remote control options like pause/play, rewind, forward, etc. These buttons help you to navigate through the movie.
Installing Add-ons on Kodi Windows
We have various Best Kodi Add-ons that you can choose according to your interest. Different sections contain different add-ons that you can download and install individually on Kodi for PC. To stream Music, TV Shows, Sports, News, Movies, the add-ons are the best source. Installing the Add-ons for various categories takes huge time. Here, we provide the simple solution to reduce time.
The best solution for installing various Add-ons in your XBMC system is Add-on Installer. If you download and install Add-on Installer in Windows PC, it helps to install several add-ons in just a few clicks only.
Install Add-ons for Kodi Windows PC
- First, Open Kodi on Windows.
- Navigate to Settings >> File Manager >> Add Source >> None.
- Type http://fusion.tvaddons.ag.
- Enter the name for this source in the text field.
- Go back to Kodi’s Home Screen.
- Navigate to Add-ons >> Settings >> Addon tab.
- Enable “Unknown Sources” option.
- Return to Add-on Section.
- Click the box icon at the top right of the screen.
- Navigate to Install from Zip File >> Fusion >> plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.9.zip.
- Go back to Add-on section to open the installed Addon Installer.
Hope, this article helps you to know how to download Kodi or XBMC for Windows PC and its setup. If you require any further information regarding Kodi windows, feel free to comment us. We will try our best in providing the answers. You can also use Kodi on Smart TV and Kodi on Roku.